Touria Eaton, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Horticulture
State Extension Specialist – Horticulture
Department of Agriculture and Environmental Sciences
213 Allen Hall
Lincoln University of Missouri
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Phone: (573) 681-5174
Ph.D., Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
MS., Plant and Soil Sciences, University of Massachusetts, Amherst, Massachusetts
B.Sc, Botany, University Mohammed V, Rabat, Morocco
- 30% Research
- 70% Extension
Eaton research projects are focused on vegetable crops production. They include assessment of vegetable cultivars for yield, concentrations of mineral nutrients, lycopene for tomato and Capsaicin for peppers. Her work also includes evaluations of Brussels sprouts cultivars for production in the Midwest, and production of vegetables in protected structures. Eaton is passionate about students' experiential learning, with two students a semester, mentored to conduct research and present at the annual Missouri Academy of Science. Her current attribute is the new Lincoln University Students' Farming Enterprise consisting of five students learning about Horticulture by farming one 10,000 ft2 plot and growing, protecting, and marketing vegetable crops. Most of the produce generated from the enterprise is donated to the food bank.
17) Azad, A.K., K. M.S. Islam, M.I. Hossen, and T.E. Eaton. 2019. Yield and Fruit Quality of Tomato as Influenced by Calcium and Mulching in Rooftop Cultivation. J. Agricultural Sciences 10(7):893-902
16) Barker, A.V., M.J. Meagy, T.E. Eaton, E. Jahanzad, and B. Gretchen. 2019. Improvement of mineral nutrient content of tomato through selection of cultivars and soil fertility. Journal of Plant Nutrition, DOI: 10.1080/01904167.2019.1579840
15) Eaton, T.E., A.K Azad, H. Kabir, A.B Siddiq. 2017. Evaluation of Six Modern Varieties of Potatoes for Yield, Plant Growth Parameters and Resistance to Insects and Diseases. Agricultural Sciences 8:1315-1326
14) Barker, A.V., T.E. Eaton, M.J. Meagy, E. Jahanzad, G.M. Bryson. 2017. Variation of mineral nutrient contents of modern and heirloom cultivars of cabbage in different regimes of soil fertility, Journal of Plant Nutrition, 40(17):2432-2439
13) Jahanzad, E., A.V. Barker, M. Hashemi, A. Sadeghpour, T.E. Eaton, 2017. Forage radish or winter pea cover crops outperformed rye in a potato cropping system. Agronomy Journal 109:646–653.
12) Jahanzad, E., A. Barker, M. Hashemi, T. Eaton. 2017. Improving yield and nutrient density of potato tubers through cover cropping. Field Crop Research 212: 45-51.
11) Barker, A.V., MD Meagy, T. Eaton, E. Jahanzad, B. Gretchen. 2017. Enrichment of Mineral Nutrient Content of Cabbage through Selection of Cultivars and Soil Fertility Regimes, Journal of J. Plant Nutrition 40(10): 1465-1474
10) E. Jahanzad, A.V. Barker, M. Hashemi, T. Eaton, A. Sadeghpour, S. Weis, 2016. Nitrogen Release Dynamics and Decomposition of Buried and Surface Cover Crop Residues. Agronomy Journal 108:1735-1741.
9) Meagy, M.J., E.T. Eaton, A.V. Barker, and G.M. Bryson. 2016. Assessment of Organic and Conventional Soil Fertility Practices and Cultivar Selection on Mineral Nutrient Accumulation in Field-grown Lettuce. J. Plant Nutrition 39(13):1936-1949
8) Meagy, M.J., T.E. Eaton, and A.V. Barker. 2016. Zinc accumulation in lettuce cultivars grown with organic or chemical based nutritional regimes. J. Plant Nutrition 39(6):743-748.
7) Eaton, T.E. 2015. Manganese. PP: 427-486. In: Handbook of Plant Nutrition 2ed Edition by A.V. Barker and D.J. Pilbeam. CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group. Boca Raton, FL. USA.
6) Barker, A.V. and E. Eaton. 2015. Zinc. PP: 537-564. In: Handbook of Plant Nutrition 2ed Edition by A.V. Barker and D.J. Pilbeam. CRC Press Taylor and Francis Group. Boca Raton, FL. USA.
5) Díaz-Pérez, J.C., and T.E. Eaton. 2015. Eggplant (Solanum melongena L.) Plant Growth and Fruit Yield as Affected by Drip Irrigation Rate. HortScience 50(11):1709-1714
4) Eaton, T.E., D. A. Cox, and A.V. Barker. 2013. Sustainable Production of Marigold and Calibrachoa with Organic Fertilizers. HortScience 48(5):1–8
3) Meagy, M.J., T.E. Eaton, and A.V. Barker. 2013. Nutrient Density in Lettuce Cultivars Grown with Organic or Chemical Fertilization with Elevated Calcium Concentrations. HortScience 48(12):1–6
2) Azad, A.K., K. Ishikawa1, Diaz-Perez. J.C., T.E. Eaton, and N. Takeda. 2013. Growth and Development of Komatsuna (Brassica rapa L. Nothovar) in NFT (Nutrient Film Technique) System, as Influenced by Natural Minerals. Agricultural Sciences 4(7):1-7
1) Eaton, T., D. A. Cox D, and A.V.Barker. 2012. Relationship of Iron-Manganese Toxicity Disorder in Marigold to Manganese and Magnesium Nutrition. Journal of Nutrition 35:142–164