Wired Internet Access
To access the wired network at Lincoln in the residence halls you must have:
- A PC/MAC (desktop or laptop) with an ethernet card
- An ethernet (CAT5 or CAT6) cable to plugin to the wall. These are available in the LU Bookstore.
- An antivirus application with a current subscription is strongly advised to prevent virus/spyware infection, along with the latest patches to your operating system. OIT will help install free AntiVirus software if you do not have your own application and can recommend software to help prevent spyware.
Wireless Internet Access
There are approximately 200 Access Points across campus providing wireless connectivity. All buildings on Lincoln's campus have wireless connectivity available.
To access the wireless network at Lincoln (LUSecure or LUWireless), you must have:
- A PC/MAC (desktop, laptop, netbook, tablet, or smartphone) with a wireless (Wi-Fi) network card.
- Have your wireless antenna turned on to see the network and connect (usually a button or function key on laptops).
- A Lincoln login to login once you're connected to the network. If you don't know your login information, you may contact the OIT helpdesk for assistance at 573-681-5888.
- An antivirus application with a current subscription is strongly advised to prevent virus/spyware infection, along will the latest patches to your operating system. OIT Help Desk will assist setting up Antivirus free of charge.
Your computer should be able to detect the wireless network "LUSecure" or "LUWireless", and connect to it automatically. If your computer does not see the wireless network and your wireless antenna is on, you may need to manually configure it to connect by following these instructions.
If you need assistance with connecting to the wireless network you may make an appointment with OIT helpdesk. OIT is not resourced to provide assistance for all student software/hardware issues. A listing of local vendors to assist student in the purchase and/or repair of you system may be provided upon request.
Residence Hall Internet Gaming
The Lincoln University network is protected by a campus wide Firewall. File sharing and P2P applications are not permitted. Requests for games to be opened on the firewall can be made visiting the Help Desk which is located on the 2nd floor of Schweich Hall in room 205.