The mission of the Lincoln University Farmers’ Market (LUFM) is to provide an open and accessible meeting place that creates a sense of community. The market brings together families, neighbors, visitors, local food producers, and artisans. It provides locally produced food, encourages social gathering, and enhances the quality of life; it also educates LU students and strengthens the local economy.
The LUFM has the following goals:
- Create a welcoming meeting place for vendors and patrons
- Promote and conserve the local capacity to produce, process, and market food in a way that enhances environmental quality and promotes health
- Create and support a vibrant local food producer and artisan community and economy by establishing cooperative, mutually beneficial market relationships
- Support local, sustainable agriculture
- Educate about personal and community health and well-being
- Celebrate our community's arts, culinary traditions, cultural diversity, and agricultural history
We believe there is value in a thriving community market. Trading high quality local products at fair prices promotes the well-being of local farmers, artisans, and the community.