Admission to the Teacher Education Program
Official admission into the Teacher Education Program (TEP) is required before you can begin taking Block III courses. Many Education candidates apply for admission into the TEP while they are taking Block II courses. At or before the time you enroll in Block II, you should schedule an appointment with your Education advisor to discuss the admission process.
After your Education advisor has agreed that you are ready to start the admission process, you should get Foliotek. Information on getting Foliotek is available on the Department Website at Foliotek. Once you have purchased and enrolled in the appropriate portfolio, you should open Foliotek and begin the process of completing the parts contained in the section "Admissions" located on the left side of the Foliotek page.
If you have questions or need help contact us at:
Ms. Curtiss, Database Manager
The following dates will be in effect for the Fall 2016 semester:
- There will be an informational meeting for students planning to apply to the TEP this semester on Tuesday January 24th at 11:00 AM in MLK 313. If you think you are ready to apply for the program but have missed this meeting, please contact one of the above people in a timely manner.
- Your Admission Form must be completed in Foliotek by Tuesday January 31, 2017
- All application items must be submitted to Dr. Brown by 5:00 PM on Friday, April 14, 2017
- The final Teacher Education Council vote for the Spring 2017 semester will be at 11:00 AM on Tuesday, May 2, 2017
The following are REQUIRED to be considered for admission into the Lincoln Teacher Education Program:
- Application Form
- Minimum ACT composite score of 18 or higher
- Information on the ACT, including national test dates, can be found on our ACT page
- Passing MoGEA scores
- Information on the MoGEA, including passing scores and study materials, can be found on our MoGEA page
- A Missouri Educator Profile (MEP) Report and Development Plan signed by an Education advisor.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. The cumulative GPA is calculated from all Lincoln and transfer coursework. Your Webadvisor grade report does not include transfer credits.
- Successful completion of ENG 101, ENG 102 and SPT 206
- Successful completion of EDU 202
- Art Education students should complete ART 203 in place of EDU 202
- Music Education students should complete MUS 215 in place of EDU 202
- Background Check current within one year AT THE TIME OF THE TEACHER EDUCATION COUNCIL VOTE. This can be the "Name Search" background check.
- Entrance Portfolio evaluated by your advisor (submitted via Foliotek). This portfolio includes:
- Three artifacts and reflections related to specific Missouri Standards for Professional Educators (MoSPE) Quality Indicators
- Pre-Clinical Timesheet and Reflection
- Three Faculty Recommendations
For instructions and information on the TEP Application process, please consult our Teacher Education Program Application Process Powerpoint
To keep track of your application progress, please use the following document: Application Progress Checklist
- Admission Portfolio Artifacts and Reflections Instructions
- Self-Selected Clinical Experience Instructions & Timesheet
Additional Information and Resources: