- Password must be at least 8 characters in length. (maximum length: 20)
- Password must contain at least ONE character from each of the following categories:
- Category 1: At least one LETTER (a, b, c or A, B, C, and so on)
- Category 2: At least one NUMBER (0, 1, 2, and so on)
- Category 3: At least one NON-ALPHANUMERIC CHARACTER
( !, %, *, +, -, /, :, ?, _ Only the non-alphanumeric characters listed here are allowed.)
- Must be different than the username
- Must not use any part of your First or Last Name
- Your password will expire in 180 days
- Must not be a previously used password.
To use the Reset Password utility, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be an active student or employee
- Be a retired LU employee
- Know your LU username
- Have previously provided secret answers to chosen security questions.
(NOTE: If this requirement hasn't been previously met, contact the helpdesk at 573-681-5888 for a tempory password so that you may reset your password and gain access to your account with ease. After you gain access please set up your security questions.)
To reset your password, please enter your username. You will be prompted to answer one of your security questions.
When your secret questions are answered correctly, a randomly generated password will be displayed on-screen.
You may either login immediately with your newly generated password or change the new password to one of your choosing.
We recommend that you immediately change your generated password.
To do so, please copy (PC: CNTRL+C) (MAC: CMD+C) the generated password before selecting the change your password option.
To paste (PC: CTRL+V) (MAC: CMD+V).
If you do not know your username, please select 'Forgot Username' on the login page, which will take you to the First-Time Users login page.
Please note that the First-Time Users workflow will reset your existing LU password.
For additional help please call 573-681-5888 or email email@example.com for assistance.