Admission to the Teacher Education Program
Official admission into the Teacher Education Program (TEP) is required before you can begin taking Block III courses. Many Education candidates apply for admission into the TEP while they are taking Block II courses. At or before the time you enroll in Block II, you should schedule an appointment with your Education advisor to discuss the admission process.
After your Education advisor has approved and signed your TEP Application Form, schedule an appointment with Dr. Cheryl Hibbett to submit your Application Form and review your records.
Contact Dr. Hibbett at:
437Martin Luther King Hall
The following dates will be in effect for the Spring 2015 semester:
- There will be an informational meeting for students planning to apply to the TEP this semester. Please watch for announcements.
- Your Admission Form must be submitted to Dr. Hibbett by 5:00 PM on Friday, February 20, 2015
- All application items must be submitted to Dr. Hibbett by 5:00 PM on Friday, April 24, 2015
- The final Teacher Education Council vote for the Spring 2015 semester will be at 11:00 AM on Tuesday, May 5, 2015
The following are REQUIRED to be considered for admission into the Lincoln Teacher Education Program:
- Application Form signed by candidate and Education advisor
- Minimum ACT composite score of 18 or higher
- Information on the ACT, including national test dates, can be found on our ACT page
- Passing CBASE or MoGEA scores
- A Missouri Educator Profile (MEP) Report and Development Plan signed by an Education advisor.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75. The cumulative GPA is calculated from all Lincoln and transfer coursework. Your Webadvisor grade report does not include transfer credits.
- Successful completion of ENG 101, ENG 102 and SPT 206
- Successful completion of EDU 202
- Art Education students should complete ART 203 in place of EDU 202
- Music Education students should complete MUS 215 in place of EDU 202
- Background Check current within one year AT THE TIME OF THE TEACHER EDUCATION COUNCIL VOTE (12/2/2014)
- Entrance Portfolio evaluated by your advisor (submitted via Foliotek). This portfolio includes:
- Three artifacts and reflections related to specific Missouri Standards for Professional Educators (MoSPE) Quality Indicators
- Pre-Clinical Timesheet and Reflection
- Three Faculty Recommendations
For instructions and information on the TEP Application process, please consult our Teacher Education Program Application Powerpoint Handouts
To keep track of your application progress, please use the following document: Application Progress Checklist
- Application Form
- Admission Portfolio Artifacts and Reflections Instructions
- Self-Selected Clinical Experience Instructions & Timesheet
- Field and Clinical Experiences Documentation Instructions & Form
Additional Information and Resources:
- Instructions for online Family Care Registry Registration
- Family Care Registry Registration: Paper Form
- Missouri Educator Gateway Assessments (MEGA) handout
- Admission Artifact Reflection Templates