Selective Admission to the Teacher Education Program
Applicants are required to meet with an advisor in the Department of Education to receive guidance in completing the application process. Please contact:
Dept of Education
Rm. 452 MLK
Printable forms and requirements for admission to the Teacher Education Program are listed below. The applicant must complete all of the items by the deadline posted for each semester to be considered for admission for the following semester. Check with the Dept. of education for due dates
Print this form, fill it out, and turn it in to the Department of Education Office, 452 MLK. This form must be signed by the faculty member responsible for each area in which the applicant seeks teaching certification and by the person responsible for the minor or area of concentration.
- Submit a copy of your scores from an American College Test (ACT) or Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) to the Department of Education Office, 452 MLK.
- Submit a copy of your transcripts showing completion of all required academic enrichment courses, ENG 101, ENG 102, SPT 206, and EDU 202 or equivalent, with grades of "C" or better. The transcript must show a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better at the time of admission to the Teacher Education Program.
- Submit copies of score reports from all attempts of the College Basic Academic Subject Examination (C-BASE) test. All sections of the test must be passed before the candidate is fully admitted to the Teacher Education Program.
- Submit Current (Within the past year) Background Check. We will accept background checks from either the Family Care Safety Registry or the Missouri Highway Patrol, although the Family Care Registry background check is less expensive. The fingerprint search provided by the Missouri Highway Patrol is not required for ADMISSION into the Teacher Education Program.
- Schedule an appointment with Dr. Hibbett to receive training on completing the General Admission Portfolio using Foliotek. Foliotek subscriptions are available at the campus bookstore. A one-year subscription is $41.40 (plus tax), a two-year subscription is $81.51 (plus tax).
Faculty Recommendations: As part of the electronic portfolio, submit three faculty recommendation forms via Foliotek. At least two of the three forms should be completed by Department of Education faculty members.
Self-Chosen Clinical Objectives and Requirements
- This document explains what you must do to complete the self-chosen clinical experience. Read the form carefully and discuss the information with your advisor. Your advisor must approve the location for your clinical experience
- Self-Chosen Clinical Reflection Instructions
- This document gives you detailed instructions for writing a reflection based on your self-chosen clinical experience. Read the information carefully and discuss it with your advisor. This reflection paper is a required element of your admission portfolio.
Print this form and use it to keep track of the hours you spend at your self-chosen clinical placement. The completed time sheet must be signed by the person who supervises your work at the clinical site. Your signed time sheet must be scanned and included as an artifact in your electronic admission portfolio. Applicants who have completed the requirements listed above must be approved for admission to the Teacher Education Program through a vote by the Teacher Education Council (TEC). Applicants are responsible for submitting all required items by posted deadlines, and for informing the Education Office when they are eligible for a TEC vote.